Stephen Gilligan, Ph.D
Living a creative and fulfilling life requires the capacity to be fully present and connected with one’s self and others.
This skill is central to success in intimacy relationships, family life, professional communication, business relationships, and various aspects of social life. This is a new ground-breaking area of Dr. Gilligan’s work. We are confident that you will find it remarkably helpful in creatively living the different areas of your life, including personal and professional!
While the forms of personal presence vary significantly across contexts, the underlying challenge remains the same: how to activate and safely include the deepest parts of one’s being as a major base for successful relationship. A basic premise is that failure to do so sabotages and damages one’s life, while success allows superior outcomes in both personal and professional areas. This workshop explores how this can be done in many skillful ways.
The Generative Change work developed by Dr. Gilligan over the past 40 years has at its base the idea that creativity is a conversation between different intelligences—for example, verbal and nonverbal, as well as opposite truths. Integrating these different parts is the hallmark of the social and emotional intelligence needed for success, and requires full This workshop will cover both personal and professional applications of generative intimacy, so come prepared to learn how to help both yourself and others thrive with ethical, Integrated, content-appropriate skills of generative presence.
Some topics to be covered:
1. A model of generative presence: What it is, the challenges involved, and how to successfully achieve it.
2. How to set generative boundaries that create a protective “second skin” while also allowing creative connection.
3. How emotional history, both positive and negative, can be safely and skillfully used to create successful relationships, both personally and professionally.
4. How to to integrate somatic intelligence into one’s presence so that intuition, charisma, and happiness are enhanced.
5. Structured communication methods to navigate emotional “trouble spots.”
6. How generative trance and generative coaching can help develop creative presence in self and others.